In addition to the unusually high discounts we’re seeing this season, homeowners are rushing to claim heater and furnace savings in a way that might surprise you!
Cutting Utility Costs by $100’s
Older heating and cooling units that don’t function well can make energy bills run up to 49% higher than newer models. The efficiency of newer models is 95% vs ~60% of those a few years old. Here are a few warning signs that your unit could be wasting $100s:
- It is more than 10 years old
- Gas & electric bills are rising
- Inconsistent hot or cold interior temperatures
- You’ve had repairs in the last 2 years
- Your house feels dry or dusty
But Wait, More Benefits:
- Be green and save some green: Some state and local utility companies offer rebates and incentives for installing a new, energy-efficient unit. Depending on your state, this could mean $100s to $1,000s back in your pocket. If you move forward with an upgrade, check out the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency to make sure you claim all eligible rebates.
- Claim manufacturer savings: Most of the popular name brands discount products by several hundred dollars this time of year. Be sure to check their websites before you decide on a make and model.
- Get free local quotes: Compare costs to get the best deal for your budget. You can start your research online here for free–takes less than a minute!
- Better Performance Equals Better Resale Value: New high-tech models incorporate sound absorbing materials to reduce noises, use 1/3 less fuel compared to older models, have longer warranties and superior air flow. All of these factors culminate into a higher resale value for your house when prospective buyers see a new unit.
Not sure if these issues exist with your unit? Have a Professional Contractor come out to take a look for free.
Don’t Get Ripped Off
Keep in mind that a subpar A/C or heater installation can negate any money you might save in your initial purchase or on your utility bills over time. To connect with a licensed, insured contractor with great references, call (855) 896-7714 or click below.