Modernize 2017 Survey & Sweepstakes
Modernize 2017 Survey & Sweepstakes
Grand Prize: $250 Amazon Gift Card
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATIONS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR: Modernize 2017 Survey & Sweepstakes – $250 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Modernize, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: Subject to the additional limitations set forth below, the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older at time of entry. Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Sponsor, Amazon, or any of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising or promotional agencies, or to the immediate family members of, or to any persons domiciled with, any such employees. For purposes of the Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” are defined as spouses, children, siblings, parents, grandparents and grandchildren.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:01:00 a.m. (ET) on February 20, 2017 and end at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on April 14, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Participants can enter online at www.modernize.com/survey2017 or by mail.
ii. Mail-in Entry: To enter by regular mail, hand-print on a 3″ x 5″ piece of paper your name, your company name, business email address, business address, city, state, zip code, and daytime business phone number (where you can be reached during normal business hours), and birth date. All mail-in entries must be mailed to Modernize 2017 Survey & Sweepstakes, 804 Congress Avenue, Suite 400, Austin, TX 78701, Attn: Promotions Department. Only one (1) mail-in entry per person is permitted. No photocopies, mechanical reproductions, altered, illegible, garbled, inaudible, incomplete, mutilated, postage-due or forged entries will be accepted. All online entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on April 14, 2017 and all mail-in entries must be postmarked by April 10, 2017 and received by April 20, 2017. All entries become the property of Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute in connection with the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account identified on the online entry form, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. The authorized account holder is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Except for additional entries permitted under these Official Rules, multiple daily entries submitted by the same person will be disqualified. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the identity of the individual who submitted an online entry shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry.
4. PRIZE & ODDS: The award of a prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Grand Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a gift card worth 250 US dollars ($250).Prizes and individual components of prize packages are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions by the winners are allowed. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below) reserve the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes on the prize value awarded and for any costs incurred in claiming or using that prize. The participant selected as the Grand Prize Provisional Winner, will be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Numbers and Company Tax ID number to Sponsor for tax purposes in order to claim the Grand Prize. As a condition of receiving a prize, the Provisional Winner will be required to complete, sign and have notarized an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release, which must be returned via mail or hand delivery within ten (10) business days of date of sender’s notification postmark. Failure of a Provisional Winner to timely sign, notarize and return any required affidavit and release, or to claim a prize, or comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute Provisional Winner to be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries. No credit or cash will be given for any unused portion of a prize. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
5. WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: A random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted by the Sponsor’s fulfillment center during regular business hours on or about April 24, 2017 to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner. The drawing will be conducted as follows: the Sponsor’s fulfillment center will attempt to contact the selected Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone during regular business hours (9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET) using the telephone number provided on the Grand Prize Provisional Winner’s entry form. If Sponsor’s fulfillment center is unable to reach the selected Grand Prize Provisional Winner in person by telephone (Sponsor’s fulfillment center will attempt to reach Provisional Winner up to three (3) times during a two-day period and/or by email up to (3) times during the same two-day period, that Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be disqualified and a substitute Grand Prize Provisional Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. The first eligible Grand Prize Provisional Winner that the Sponsor successfully contacts personally by telephone and who claim the Grand Prize in accordance with these Official Rules will be declared the Grand Prize Winner. The selected winner may waive the right to receive a prize. The return of the prize, affidavit/release or prize notification as undeliverable, or a winner’s failure to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification, the forfeiture of all interest in the prize, and selection of a substitute Provisional Winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies to use the winner’s name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for any commercial, publicity or promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, review or approval, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation the Internet.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
6. PARTICIPATION: By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators appointed by Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Sweepstakes will be ineligible for the prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
7. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees, and its and their officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives and successors and assigns (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from and against any claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, loss of enjoyment, or any other harm whatsoever arising out of: (1) participation in the Sweepstakes; (2) the quality, receipt, possession, use, or misuse of any prize; or (3) any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize.
8. DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY: By entering, participants acknowledge and agree that the Sweepstakes Entities will not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession/use and/or misuse of prize(s), the theft of prizes or mail, travel to and from or participation in any prize-related activity, participation in the Sweepstakes, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any malfunctions of the telephone network, computer Internet system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof, or for any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, postage-due, forged, illegible, inaudible, mutilated, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to any participant’s or third person’s computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, or fraud, technical failures, printing, mailing or distribution errors, or any other unanticipated causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the stated end date, Sponsor reserves the right to award all prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received as of the date of termination. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS REGARDING THE PRIZES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL USE OR PURPOSE.
Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes.
9. SWEEPSTAKES MAIL OPT-OUT REQUEST/WINNERS’ LIST: To request the name and state of the Winners (available after April 28, 2017) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-size envelope to Modernize 2017 Survey & Sweepstakes, 804 Congress Avenue, Suite 400, Austin, TX 78701, Attn: Promotions Department. Indicate whether you are requesting the name of the Winners, or a copy of these Official Rules, or any combination of the foregoing. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage for rules. If you no longer wish to receive mailings for sweepstakes sponsored by Modernize, write to Modernize 2017 Survey & Sweepstakes, 804 Congress Avenue, Suite 400, Austin, TX 78701 – Attn: Sweepstakes Removal.