Furnace Installation Near You
- No obligation to purchase
- Free cancellations
- Trusted by over 2 million customers each year!
Find Local Furnace Installation with Modernize
Hiring the Best Furnace Installer Near You
When looking for the best furnace installers near you there are a few ways to be sure you’ve found the most reliable installation contractor in your neighborhood. Here are a few things that an experienced HVAC service technician should be able to knowledgeably answer upon request and you should know before hiring anyone to install your new electric or gas furnace.
- Ask which brands of furnaces your installer has experience with. Though most new furnace systems are similar in installation process, it’s good to know that the contractor you work with has access to your desired HVAC brand and experience getting it installed properly.
- The next question you’ll want to ask is what the markup on their HVAC parts and units is. Some furnace installers will have a cheaper labor price; however, the cost is hidden in a markup on the price of your new HVAC system.
- Ask for a detailed price estimate for the scope of your furnace installation. You want to be sure that everything is posted on your initial cost outline in order to make sure you aren’t going to incur hidden costs once the project is finished. Ask for exact model numbers of your new furnace and scheduled project completion dates as well.
Installing a new furnace is an important investment and you’ll want to make sure you’re doing your research on selecting the right heating unit and choosing the right contractor for the job. Being thorough and doing your homework will increase the chances of a smooth installation. Use our step by step HVAC contractor hiring checklist during your HVAC installation process to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.
What is a Gas Furnace?
Before installing a new gas furnace, it might be smart to understand what exactly a gas furnace is and how it works with your ducts and central air conditioner to heat your home. Gas furnaces are a type of home heating unit that works with forced air to circulate heat throughout your home during colder months. They are most commonly installed in areas of the U.S. where climate is much colder and temperatures can drop below freezing. A furnace uses natural gas or propane as its main energy source delivered through a main gas line or stored in onsite tanks (if a gas line is unavailable in your area). Gas furnaces are one of the most energy efficient heating units you can have installed and their AFUE percentage rating (energy efficiency level) can go up to 95% on higher end furnaces.
How to Choose a New Furnace
When installing a new furnace it is important to know what you are looking for so you can make the best decision for your new heating unit installation. The top things you will want to research when installing a new furnace in your home would be things like:
- Does your current furnace need to be repaired or should you just replace it altogether. This will be more of a question of the most cost effective method.
- What is the best furnace brand for the price?
- What size furnace will you need for your home’s size to adequately heat each room without energy waste.
- Is there an energy efficiency level you want to save money in the long run on energy bills?
- Which furnace installer will be the most reliable and within your project budget?
What Furnace AFUE Rating Do You Need?
Gas furnaces are fairly affordable compared to some home heating installation options; however, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t think about paying a little more upfront for your new furnace in order to get a high AFUE rating (its energy efficiency level). Paying for a high energy efficient gas furnace can pay off in the long run by saving you money on the gas bill. new gas furnaces prices will rise with higher AFUE ratings, but that investment will help save you money longterm. You can install a new furnace with an AFUE rating from a low of 78% to a high of 97% with the standard rating being 80% to 90% AFUE.