Heat Pump Installation Near You
- No obligation to purchase
- Free cancellations
- Trusted by over 2 million customers each year!
Local Heat Pump Installers
The average HVAC or cooling system will last between 15 and 20 years. It may be time to consider an HVAC system replacement past that point. If you weren't personally involved in the selection and installation of your current HVAC system, you could unknowingly be using a product that's too small or too large to meet your needs.
Modernize is here for you if HVAC replacement is in your future and you are wanting to find heat pump installation Near You. We are known for helping homeowners all across the U.S. find the best local costs for HVAC and AC services in their area. It is always smart to compare at least four different price quotes from contractors to make sure you are getting the best local prices on installation services.
Find the most reliable HVAC installation contractors in your area today!
What is a Heat Pump?
Heat pumps are actually able to heat and cool a home despite sounding like they are only able to heat a room or house. Heat pumps are installed to move heat the cool outdoors in your home and vice versa. Heat pumps transfer heat rather than generate heat like you might see in home’s that have central heating units installed. Heat pumps are much cheaper to install than other central heaters, but they may not be able to handle some temperatures. Find out the difference between a heat pump and air conditioner here.
Finding Heat Pump Installers Near You
When you need to find a reliable heat pump installer near you, there are a few things you can do to start your HVAC installation project. The first thing you’ll want to do is ask friends and family if they have any recommendations. Often your loved ones will be able to tell you about a recent home heating and cooling replacement contractor that they worked with and give you a good reference if it went well. You will then want to check all online reviews and references on the installer, as well as their social media presence to see if they have positive feedback and communications. Use our heat pump installation hiring guide checklist to help you make sure you are asking the important question and that your HVAC repair project goes over smoothly.
How to Vet Your Local Heat Pump Installer
Once you’ve found a few options for heat pump installation near you, you’ll want to start asking questions to make sure that the HVAC contractor is experienced with your particular project and able to provide the most reliable service in your neighborhood.
Here are a few things you’ll want to do after requesting price estimates from a few of your local heat pump installation service companies:
- Visit the website of each heat pump contractor and make sure it appears professional looking and updated.
- Explore the customer reviews for each heat pump contractor and see how they compare, are the reviews mostly positive and do the contractors respond in a constructive way when the reviews are negative about their heat pump installation job.
What to Ask a Heat Pump Contractor
Here are a few things once you have your heat pump installer on the phone that you should ask just to be sure you’ve got the best person for the job.
- How long have you been in business?
- How much experience do you have with HVAC repair or installation?
- What is your project estimate?
- Can you provide a list of references?
- Can you provide proof of insurance for personal liability, worker’s compensation, and property damage coverage
Hiring a Reliable Heat Pump Installer Near You
Before signing any contracts with your heat pump installer, make sure there are a few final things in place to make sure there is a clear understanding between you and your installer.
Here are a few things you will absolutely want to have mapped out before agreeing to work with the heat pump installer you have decided on:
- Reconfirm your initial quote and sign off on it.
- Agree upon a payment plan – are you going to pay in cash, financing, or another method.
- Obtain a digital or in hand paper trail account for the following things:
- Your heat pump installation contract with accurate and updated pricing
- Project plans (estimated installation date)
- Order changes – if there were any updates between when you first spoke to now are these accounted for in your order.
- Bills and invoices
- Proof of insurance and/or permitting, and licensing if needed
- Contractor correspondence – what is the best way to get in touch with your heat pump contractor, do you all both prefer to contact each other through email, phone, or even by text?
Local Heat Pump Installation Costs Near You
The cost for local heat pump installation will vary dependent on what kind of heat pump you are wanting to have replaced or installed. If you were wanting a heat pump installation near you that would heat and cool an entire home and not just a single room you could expect to spend around $2,400 to $8,500 depending on the size of your home and the heat pump’s energy efficiency rating. If your home was a 2200 square foot house you’d need a 4 ton heat pump unit installed and could expect to pay around $2,000 for the AC unit alone.
- If you were wanting to install a heat pump to control the temperature of a single room as some people do, you could expect to pay $575 for the heat pump only and would want to include labor costs to get a full estimate in your area.
Types of Heat Pumps You Can Install
There are a few different types of heat pumps you can install in your home based off of your current temperature control needs. The three main types of heat pumps you can speak to your local contractor about installing are air source heat pumps, split system ductless heat pumps, and also the most expensive geo-thermal heat pumps. Each type of heat pump has its benefits depending on what you need for your home.