Find Local AC Installers with Modernize
Your HVAC system is responsible for delivering optimum comfort year-round. If your HVAC system isn't well-maintained or operating properly, you might have higher-than-necessary utility bills.
With over 10 years of experience, Modernize is here for you when you are actively looking for HVAC Near You. We are proud of what we do. We want to connect our homeowners to the best local air cooling and HVAC system contractors in a quick and easy process. It is always smart to compare at least four different price quotes from contractors to make sure you are getting the best local prices on installation services.
Compare price estimates from local HVAC contractors now.
HVAC Contractors Near You
How to Find the Best Local AC Installers
When your heating and air conditioner unit is needing to be replaced, it can become an emergency situation pretty quickly. The main goal is to repair or replace your HVAC system as quickly as possible, but care should still be taken to find the most reliable and trustworthy HVAC contractor for your project. HVAC unit installation can become a pricey home improvement project and you want to make sure your contractor is qualified and reliable before committing to any job.
At Modernize, we frequently speak to homeowners about their home improvement projects. In our recent interviews, 90 percent of homeowners requested a checklist to help them find and vet their AC contractors. We offers homeowners a free, digital Contractor Checklist as a simple, step-by-step guide to assist with your HVAC repair or replacement. Print or download the list from the link above.
You may also be interested in learning how to evaluate each of your HVAC quotes from the different local HVAC services you request.
How to Start Your Contractor Search
Here are a few things you can do to start searching for the most reliable HVAC installation contractor in your area:
- Ask your family and friends for a recommendation on someone they’ve used in the past and what kind of experience they had with them.
- Check the Better Business Bureau site for local contractor ratings.
- Let Modernize help you find the best contractor for the job and help you compare up to four quotes from local installers.
How to Vet Your HVAC Contractor
It’s important to find a reliable heating and air conditioner contractor so that your repair or replacement can be done as quickly as possible. To determine the best professional fit for your HVAC project:
- Request quotes from three to four local contractors.
- Check out the websites for each contractor.
- Is it updated and professional looking?
- Check the HVAC contractors social media pages.
- Many customers will leave valuable feedback on social media pages of businesses, whether it’s positive or constructive.
- Explore the customer reviews for each contractor.
- Are they mostly positive? Consider negative reviews and responses. How did the contractors respond to criticism?
- Ask each HVAC contractor on the phone the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- How much experience do you have with HVAC repair or installation of my particular HVAC type?
- What is your project cost estimate?
- Can you provide a list of references?
- Can you provide proof of insurance for personal liability, worker’s compensation, and property damage coverage?
Meeting with Multiple Contractors
Your next step will be to meet in-person with your choice of the best contractors to review the specific details and expectations of your HVAC installation project. Be sure to discuss the following with each contractor:
- Ask for proof of insurance, which should provide their insurance company name, policy number, and policy limits.
- Discuss who will manage warranty details and responsibility.
- Make sure to get a fixed price before signing a contract.
Use our homeowner checklist when meeting with each contractor to make sure your HVAC installation is going as smoothly as possible.
Red Flags & Warning Signs
Unfortunately, there is a small percentage of contractors who are not honest professionals. The best way to avoid scams is to choose a local, trusted contractor. You can confirm this by checking their physical business address and making sure to fully validate all of their licenses.
Here are some additional warning signs to keep in mind:
- Avoid contractors who request the entire project cost, or large cash deposit, up front.
- Avoid anyone who pressures you to sign a contract for your HVAC project immediately.
- Be wary of any outliers in your quotes. All estimates should be relatively similar unless the unit type is significantly different for each quote.
Prepare for Your HVAC Installation
At the final meeting, there a few steps to go over before the HVAC contractor begins your AC unit installation project:
- Reconfirm your initial quote.
- Agree upon a payment plan.
- Make sure to have in-hand:
- Your contract
- Project plans
- Order changes
- Bills and invoices
- Proof of your contractor’s insurance and/or permitting, and
- Contractor correspondence