Solar Panel Installation Contractors in Los Angeles, CA
- No obligation to purchase
- Free cancellations
- Trusted by over 2 million customers each year!
Get Your Solar Panel Installation Done with Modernize
Solar Panel Installation in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles homeowners have utilized traditional energy sources, like coal and natural gas, to light their houses and to make their appliances work for years. However, with the current California interest in using green and sustainable energy sources, many homeowners are now exploring the use of solar power and wind energy to generate power and do their part to help save the environment.
Why Los Angeles is Against Fossil Fuels
Here are four reasons why Los Angeles homeowners are saying no to the use of traditional energy sources, such as natural gas and coal, in their home.
- Fossil fuels are remains of dead plants and animals that turn into a form of natural gas that converts as an energy source. Gas companies search, extract, and transport fossil fuels and convert them into gas. The excavation process alone destroys nature.
- To convert fossil fuel into usable sources of energy, it must undergo a burning process. The burning process produces greenhouse gases and toxic chemicals, which can be air and water pollutants.
- Experts predict that fossil fuel could be extinct in as little as a few years.
Why Los Angeles Homes are Going Solar
Solar energy is an essentially free source of energy, which comes from the sun. With a new solar panel installation on your Los Angeles home, you’ll be able to harness an unlimited source of energy saving you money overtime.
The cost of solar panel installation can initially be pricey, but the ROI for your home’s energy bills as well as local California incentives for solar can help offset the costs in the long run. Here are seven reasons why you should consider installing solar panels in Los Angeles today:
- The energy that comes from the sun is renewable and inexhaustible. It cannot be depleted as long as the sun is as hot as it is now. According to solar experts, the sun will continue to shine for more or less 6.5 billion years.
- Solar energy is green and sustainable. It does not leave any unwanted mark on the environment. Thus, it does not compromise nature and every living inhabitant in it.
- You can harness solar energy anywhere. The sun shines anywhere in the world. However, the best places to harness the energy of the sun are those that are close to the equator.
- You can significantly save money through lower to no electricity expenses.
- Solar energy is for everyone. Lots of houses in Los Angeles are turning to solar panel systems to power their homes. According to land developers, new houses should automatically have solar panels installed on any building that has three floors or lower by 2025.
- Solar energy is harnessed but is also quiet when being created. Compared to other natural sources like wind turbines, solar panels technically do not create any noise.
- Solar panels do not need regular maintenance.
Installing Solar Panels is a Great Investment
Traditional energy sources served billions of people all around the world for hundreds of years. However, with a ballooning population and a higher demand for energy use, the supply for fossil fuels, coal, and other natural gas sources might go extinct soon. We have the best alternative, which is the power of the sun. You can never go wrong with solar energy in California. Solar panel installation in Los Angeles is a highly sought after home improvement project and makes your home more desirable if you ever chose to sell it in the future. We at Modernize always suggest doing your research in order to hire the best local solar contractors for a swift and no-hassle installation. You can review Solar installation contractors in our local Los Angeles list to find the best services in your area.
How to Maximize the Power of Your Solar Panel System in Los Angeles?
Solar energy is the best source of reliable, stable, and sustainable energy known to humankind. Plus, if you are living in Los Angeles, you are in luck. The climate is mild to hot sunny days almost the whole year. So, what are you waiting for? Utilize the power of the LA sun today.
And to help you understand more about solar energy, here are some pointers that will help you maximize the amount of output your LA solar panels can produce.
Roof Types & Solar Installation
Most solar panel systems can be found on roofs. It is the ideal place because the shade that might cover the panels is limited compared to putting them on the ground. Trees, posts, and nearby structures can be obstructions to power production.
However, an issue is that not all roofs have the proper angle to support the panels and maximize the sun’s energy adequately. Fortunately, newer systems have designs with movable panels to follow the sun’s track at various times of the day. Non-movable panel systems must be at an angle that can absorb ample solar power during the day.
The Solar Panel Itself
The photovoltaic (PV) panels, also called modules, consist of silicon. It processes the sunlight to a usable electric source instead of staying as heat alone. The PV cells have positive and negative film, which helps transform the solar power from DC (direct current) to AC (alternating current), which we use to run appliances and equipment.
The solar system inverter can be easily accessed and can be found near the modules. When solar energy is home consumption, the inverter is usually on the wall’s outer area close to the main electrical panels. It is strategically far from the house as inverters produce a slight noise, which can be annoying for the household members.
The inverter connects to the electricity production meter and net meter to utilize solar energy first before it goes to your typical electricity source. If you are able to harness loads of solar energy, your utility bills can significantly go down in a matter of months.
Solar Net Metering
A solar energy system can be connected to a utility grid. The DC solar energy turns into a 120/240 AC energy and feeds it to the facility’s distribution system for consumption. This process is possible through net metering. Net metering helps you lower the use of utility power, which can ultimately decrease your monthly electricity expenses.
Living in Los Angeles and the typical sunlight it has will foster great results if you decide to proceed with switching to solar energy. While the change will take some time, it is better if you start today. Browse through our list above of reliable solar contractors and get an appointment today to know your options and if a solar panel installation is possible with your home design. Nevertheless, going solar will be one of your best home investments. Aside from saving on utility bills, you are also helping to preserve the environment.