With years of experience in the solar industry, you know that an effective sales pitch needs to change to match a homeowner’s current needs and desires. What strategies are you using this year to connect with potential customers who are seeking your services?
Looking at the latest trends in the solar industry in 2021 will help you dial in on the most effective talking points— making it easier to speak to the most important factors that will turn a lead into a paying customer.
The economic uncertainty and ongoing demands of the pandemic have everyone thinking about cost savings benefits right now. Homeowners want to go solar to reduce their utility bills. At the same time, they want to maximize the value of their investment and leverage discounts on the installation costs.
Why Educate Homeowners About Cost Savings
During the initial consultation and ongoing conversations with a lead, why is it essential to spend time talking about solar batteries and other solar features? According to a recent Modernize homeowner survey, 79.4 percent of homeowners indicate that their primary motivation to go solar is to save money on utility and electric bills.
Most of the time, you should assume that the interest in saving money is the highest priority for a homeowner. Understanding this motivation helps you seal the deal by showing the many ways solar power will reduce overall expenses in the long run.
Potential talking points about saving money with solar power include:
- Immediate rebates, tax credits, or discounts
- Package deals for complete solar system installation
- Lower energy bills
- Solar batteries to maximize cost savings
Sharing this information reassures your homeowners that they are making a good investment. Even though the upfront costs for solar power are high, the savings homeowners can incur over the years are far more significant.
Benefits of Solar Batteries
Encourage your sales team to focus on homeowner education, and you will find that these products and services sell themselves. When homeowners are empowered with information, they are motivated and excited to enjoy these benefits.
Solar batteries are an excellent investment when installing solar power. Consider adding these talking points in your sales pitch to teach homeowners about the solar market and specific features they can choose. The benefits of solar batteries include:
- Lifespan: Depending on the type of battery in the solar power system, the general lifespan of the battery is between 5 to 15 years. This relatively nominal investment continues offering benefits for years.
- Backup Energy: When solar panels produce excess energy, store the excess energy in batteries so that you always have some available. These batteries power the home at night or on a cloudy day.
- Resilience: If a homeowner is on an unstable grid, then a battery is an effective way to build resilience on the property. Never worry about the power going out again because you always have a backup energy source.
- Carbon Footprint: Solar batteries reduce the dependence on the grid, helping each family reduce their carbon footprint and take a step closer to self-sufficiency.
Sales Templates: Talking to Homeowners about Solar Batteries
Where should you fit the topic of solar batteries in your sales strategy? Here are a few options to work this sales tactic into the conversation:
- Our team stays up to date with the latest equipment in the solar market – to reduce your costs and optimize your system’s performance. One effective way to save money, in the long run, is by adding a battery feature to your installation. Here is how it works [continue explaining the cost-saving benefits of solar batteries].
- Solar panels only produce energy when the sun is shining. Suppose you want to save money in the long run and reduce your reliance on the grid. In that case, it is wise to consider the benefits of using a solar battery. Let me show you the numbers so you can see how a battery helps you avoid using grid energy at night and on cloudy days.
The key to a smooth sales conversation is to add this talking point in the pitch where it fits naturally. When the topic of cost or utility bills comes up, it is an excellent opportunity to mention solar batteries and other solar insights in 2021.