Home Window Replacement Company Contractors Near You
- No obligation to purchase
- Free cancellations
- Trusted by over 2 million customers each year!
Find Local Replacement Window Companies with Modernize
Find the Best Home Window Replacement Companies
At Modernize, we frequently speak to homeowners about their home window replacement projects. In our recent interviews, half of the homeowners who undertook a new home window installation project were doing so to increase the value of their home. 80% of our homeowners found a home window replacement company through referrals from local friends and family. It’s always important to properly vet and research all home window replacement companies near you before choosing one for new home windows.
A local home window company will able to help you choose the best window replacement options for your home. They will help guide you through the process of choosing a brand, energy efficient options, window types, and other features. Finding the best home window replacement company for your window project shouldn’t be taken lightly as new home windows is a huge investment into your home and day to day life.
Reliable Local Window Replacement Companies
One of the top benefits of finding a reliable replacement window company near you will be being able to fully trust in them and feel they are going to complete your new home window replacement project in a professional and timely manner at a competitive price.
Here are some things you should always do before selecting your favorite home window replacement company:
Ask for Local Referrals – You should talk to your friends and neighbors to find out which local home window replacement company they’ve worked with before. You should use websites like Modernize to find reviews, ratings, and referrals from homeowners near you who were recently looking for replacement windows as well.
Compare Each Window Replacement Company
- Request price estimates from at least three to four window replacement companies near you
- Review each replacement window company’s website.
- Is it an updated and professional looking website?
- Explore any customer reviews for your top companies.
- Are the ratings you find mostly positive? Consider negative reviews and how the company responds to them as well.
Meet with Your Favorite Window Companies
After you’ve spoken to each company, it’s time to meet up in person with one of their window installers. Be sure to review project specific details and expectations of your window replacement. You can use Modernize’s free worksheet for homeowners to compare window companies. Be sure to bring up the following questions with each replacement window company before signing any contract:
- Ask to see proof of insurance, which should provide their insurance company name, policy number, and policy limits for their window replacement company.
- Discuss who will manage window warranty details and if that is the responsibility of the replacement window company or yourself.
- Make sure to get a fixed price quote from the window replacement company before signing any type of contract.
Before choosing your local home window replacement company, be sure you can fully trust their original price estimate.
Here are some warning signs that can protect your local window replacement project:
- Avoid window companies who request the entire window replacement cost, or large cash deposit, up front. A down payment should not exceed 10 percent or $1,000.
- Avoid any one company who will pressure you to sign a contract immediately after meeting up.
- Be wary of any outliers in your original price quotes. All window replacement estimates from any window company should be relatively similar in costs unless the window type, brand, or features are significantly different.
When it comes to window replacement projects, there are some hidden costs homeowners could be surprised by down the line. The best way to avoid any unforeseen costs is to ask the company about them before hand to ensure they wont be an issue or they are already accounted for in your price quote.
Choosing a Window Replacement Company
Comparing contractors is easy and effective with our free window company comparison worksheet to help homeowners find the best home window replacement companies in their area. No matter what resources you may utilize to determine which window company will replace your windows, it’s important for you to keep in mind that saving money today could cost you much more later down the road if the new windows don’t hold up or, more realistically, if the process to replace them is not done accurately. Quality, especially when it comes to your windows, is a lifelong investment and should be treated as so. Make sure you are working with a top tier replacement window company.
Let us help you find the best replacement window companies in your area today. Compare local contractors with ratings and reviews at the top of this page.