Roofing Contractors in Scranton, PA
- No obligation to purchase
- Free cancellations
- Trusted by over 2 million customers each year!
Get Your Roofing Project Done with Modernize
How to Select the Best Roof Color for Your Pennsylvania Home
Are you a homeowner in Wilkes Barre or Scranton, who planning on a roof replacement anytime soon? We understand your excitement because having a new roof could change the appearance and curb appeal of your home. One of the most critical factors to think about is the color that you will choose for your new roof.
To help you better decide, here are five useful tips that you may want to consider when selecting the best roof color for your Pennsylvania home.
- Understand why it is vital to include choosing the roof color in your priority topics to discuss with your architect and roof replacement contractor. The roof covers a considerable portion of your home’s exterior. It is the primary focus of showcasing your home’s curb appeal.
- Do thorough research on your preferred roof style as it is a point that is typically left out. Keep in mind that the roof design, which includes the style and color, affects how the facade looks. So, give time to sit down and discuss this factor with your architect and contractor.
- Additionally, know the pros and cons of your roof style options. If you want a good view of your roof from the ground, choose a style that has a high slope or pitch.
- Pick a color that projects focus on your roof dormer or gables or, better yet, select a color that will boost the beauty of your home facade. Make sure that the replacement will compliment all the other existing parts, like the exterior wall, door, and windows.
- Check local environmental codes. Some states in the US have codes and rules that the contractor must follow in the installation of highly reflective roofing materials, such as metal roofing. It is best to address this matter with your roof replacement contractor.
Popular Roof Colors
The roof color you pick must both complement and contrast to your home facade. Whatever architectural design you have, if all colors are the same, it will make your house look sad and dull. Here are some of the popular roof color choices and how they can blend well in your home.
- White House Design: If your house has mostly white features on it, you can choose any roof color, and it will still look amazing.
- Cream and Beige House Design: If you have cream or beige as the primary color of your home exterior, it is best to choose hues of either blue, brown, green, or black. These colors will add warmth to the overall look of your home.
- Brown House Design: If your house has the color brown, it is best to pair it with a roof that is either green, grey, brown, or black. If you are a bit more adventurous, you may also experiment with shades of blue.
- Wood Home Design: A cabin-type home with weathered wood sidings or logs around the exterior wall, you may want to choose shingles with shades of grey, brown, black, or green. Find a material with a highly detailed profile to match the appearance of wood shakes.
In conclusion, take note that your need to consider your home’s overall architectural style and existing features to help you decide on what roof color best fits your house. Nevertheless, you can also consult with your local Roof Replacement contractor in Wilkes Barre or Scranton. They will be able to discuss with you the best type of roofing with the color options available in the market.