Daikin Air Conditioner Brand Reviews
Daikin HVAC is a Japanese heating and cooling company that’s been in business since 1924. The company specializes in heat pumps, central ac units, ductless air conditioner systems and furnaces. It’s one of the biggest HVAC companies in business and has a reliable network of warehouses, office buildings and service representatives to help resolve issues and provide product support all over the country. If you were planning to install a new central ac unit in your home, you may want to consider updating your current home furnace with a replacement Daikin gas furnace at the same time to be more cost effective.
Daikin AC Units
During the first year your AC unit is installed, a Daikin HVAC comfort pro installer will come out and fix any reasonable issues that you encounter without cost to you. The company will ensure that the installation was performed properly and that you are getting the most out of your new equipment. Whether you are heating or cooling your home, you can count on Daikin to make sure everything is functioning as it should be.
It’s always smart to get price quotes from at least four pre screened and licensed HVAC contractors before starting your project in order to get the best price.
Daikin Air Conditioner Prices
The average cost to install a Daikin AC unit is between $2,500 to $3,700. Your total AC unit installations costs will largely depend on the size needed for your home. For a 1,600 square foot home you would most likely need a 2.5 ton air conditioner. That size unit would be able to efficiently cool and heat your home. See below for a list of other HVAC brands and the average prices for those AC units.
|Air Conditioner Brands:||Average Unit Cost:||SEER Rating:|
What Size AC Unit Do I Need?
When calculating what size Daikin AC unit you would need installed for your home’s specific cooling needs. You’ll want to consider your home’s square footage and what kind of cooling capacity is needed. It’s common to assume an air conditioner can cool up to 400 square feet per 1 ton of air conditioning capacity. See the chart below for average costs of HVAC units by TONS
|Central Air Conditioner Size||AC Unit BTU||AC Unit Only|
|1.5 Tons||18,000 BTU||$2,000|
|2 Tons||24,000 BTU||$2,620|
|2.5 Tons||30000 BTU||$2,895|
|3 Tons||36000 BTU||$2,920|
|3.5 Tons||42000 BTU||$3,550|
|4 Tons||48000 BTU||$3,650|
|5 Tons||60000 BTU||$3,690|
Daikin Air Conditioner Models
There’s a major difference between budget and high-end Daikin model equipment. While each option is made from quality materials and designed to last, the lower-level models aren’t built to be as efficient or to come with as many beneficial features such as compatibility with Daikin’s ComfortNet control system.
Budget AC Unit Models
- Lower efficiency – Between 13 and 15 SEER for air conditioners and up to 15 SEER for heat pumps
- Missing the added vibration and noise dampening, operates at higher volumes
- Less adjustability, furnaces and air conditioners operate at high or low levels typically without much in the middle
- Not compatible with ComfortNet control system
- 80% efficiency furnaces don’t have unit replacement warranties
- Furnaces have less efficient single stage gas valves for less precise heating
- Budget heat pumps don’t operate efficiently in freezing outdoor temperatures
High End AC Models
- High Efficiency – up to 24.5 SEER air conditioners and 21 SEER heat pumps
- Quiet operation – sound levels down to 58 dba or about the same sound level as a dishwasher in the next room over.
- variable speed compressor
- ComfortNet advanced control system compatible
- Top furnaces come with unit replacement warranty
- Furnaces fitted with industry leading modulating gas valves for more precise heating
- Leading Daikin heat pumps operate effectively down to -40 degrees Fahrenheit
Daikin HVAC Installers
Daikin carefully screens the contractors that it does business with and if you can locate a Daikin Comfort Service Pro in your area, you can rest-assured that they will offer you good service and a quality installation. These pros are bound by the Daikin comfort promise and will help keep your system up and running throughout its lifespan. It’s important to find a quality installer before you get started with a Daikin product, so you have someone to rely on to service and repair the equipment the whole time you have it.
As one of the largest HVAC companies in the world today, Daikin is a business that’s reliable. The company is known for making quality products, but as with anything you get what you pay for. The budget models don’t come with as many features and aren’t as efficient as the high-end models, even if they do have the Daikin name on them.
Daikin HVAC has 64 different base locations with supply stores in even more areas. With so many different bases of operation, the company is able to help resolve most issues quickly. Getting replacement parts is a simple matter and warranty issues are resolved quickly and effectively. While other manufacturers offer 5 or 10 year limited warranties, Daikin offers a 12 year unit replacement and 12 year parts limited warranty to its customers.