Goodman AC Brand Review
Goodman air conditioners are a great option for AC installation if you want a reliable but low cost air conditioning unit. Goodman is much cheaper than some competitor brands such as Lennox, Trane, or Carrier. However, Goodman still offers a reliable and quality HVAC system.
Goodman Air Conditioner Prices
- The price of a Goodman air condition ranges from $3,100 to $4,275 in installation costs. Your total cost to replace will depend on the size in TONS of the air conditioning system needed for your home and the SEER rating wanted. Goodman offers SEER ratings from 13 to 18 SEER. For a 1,600 square foot home you would need a 2.5 ton air conditioner which would cost around $3,695 to install. To get exact local costs, connect with one of our local reliable contractors today.
Prices by Size
A new ac unit is a great investment, but you need to choose the tonnage size that will be able to handle the cooling and heating needs for your home’s size. Tons range from 1.5 to 5 Tons and can cost between $3,260 to $5,562 to install. For an 1800 square foot home you would need a 3 TON Goodman air conditioner which would cost around $3,799 to install. See the full chart of prices by size below:
|AC Unit Size||Home Sq. Ft||AC Unit Only||Installation Cost|
|1.5 ton||600-1000 sf||$1,145||$3,295|
|2 ton||1001-1300 sf||$1,290||$3,490|
|2.5 ton||1301-1600 sf||$1,490||$3,670|
|3 ton||1601-1900 sf||$1,690||$3,850|
|3.5 ton||1901-2200 sf||$1,845||$4,145|
|4 ton||2201-2600 sf||$2,000||$4,420|
|5 ton||2601-3200 sf||$2,590||$5,430|
Prices by Model
Goodman air conditioners models have different SEER ratings and noise levels. A better SEER rating will result in cheaper utility bills in the future. However, you will end up paying more upfront when installing a higher SEER rating AC unit. If you were to install the Goodman DSXC16 SEER 16 AC unit you could expect to pay around $3,655 for a new air conditioner. See average installation costs of different Goodman models below.
|Goodman AC Model||Energy Efficiency||Installation Cost||AC Unit Only|
|Goodman DSXC18||18 SEER||$4,275||$1,885|
|Goodman DSXC16||16 SEER||$3,655||$1,524|
|Goodman GSX16||16 SEER||$3,522||$1,489|
|Goodman GSX14||14 SEER||$3,226||$1,262|
|Goodman GSX13||13 SEER||$3,188||$1,120|
It’s always smart to get price quotes from at least four local licensed HVAC contractors before starting your project in order to get the best price.
Let Modernize help you do that in a few easy steps.
Goodman AC Installers Near You
You’ll want to find a reliable installer with good reviews and ratings before installing a Goodman air conditioner. Goodman does not directly sell their air conditioners to HVAC dealers like other top brands, which can lead to some improper installations. You’ll want to vet out your contractor and make sure they’ve worked with installing a Goodman HVAC system before.
Use the zip box below to find AC replacement and repair contractors installing the top HVAC brands such as Goodman in your neighborhood. Review contractor’s profiles, reviews and ratings, and find the most reliable local air conditioning installers.
Goodman Heat Pump Costs
- The price for a Goodman heat pump can range from $4,995 to $6,100 in total installation costs. Your total installations costs will largely depend on the size of the system needed for your home and the SEER rating of the heat pump. To get exact local costs, connect with one of our heat pump installers today.
Heat Pump Prices by Size
You will want to select the best size heat pump for your home’s heating and cooling needs by looking at your home’s square footage. The average 2,000 square foot home could use a 3.5 ton unit which would cost around $6,082 in total installation costs. See the full list of prices by size below:
|Goodman Heat Pump Size||Home Sq. Ft||Installation Cost||Unit Only|
|1.5 ton||600 - 1000||$4,180||$1,260|
|2 ton||1000 - 1300||$4,422||$1,425|
|2.5 ton||1300 - 1600||$4,895||$1,632|
|3 ton||1600 - 1900||$5,375||$1,823|
|3.5 ton||1900 - 2200||$5,695||$2,132|
|4 ton||2200 - 2600||$6,082||$2,498|
|5 ton||2600 - 3200||$7,000||$3,025|
Heat Pump Prices by Model
A Goodman heat pump price varies by the model. Each model has a different SEER rating which indicates energy efficiency. A standard efficiency SEER rating ranges from 13 to 16 SEER. A standard efficiency heat pump with a 16 SEER rating such as the Goodman GSZ16 Heat Pump would cost around $5,338 to install. See a list of costs by Goodman heat pump model and SEER rating below:
|Heat Pump Model||Energy Efficiency||Installation Cost||Unit Only|
|Goodman DSZC18||18 SEER||$6,100||$2,100|
|Goodman DSZC16||16 SEER||$5,565||$1,885|
|Goodman GSZ16||16 SEER||$5,338||$1,732|
|Goodman GSZ14||14 SEER||$5,125||$1,458|
|Goodman GSZ13||13 - 14 SEER||$4,995||$1,100|
Goodman Gas Furnace Prices
- The price for a replacement Goodman gas furnace can range from $1,100 to $3,650 in total installation costs. Your exact costs will largely depend on the size furnace system needed for your home and the AFUE percentage of the new gas furnace. If you wanted to install a mid tier unit such as the Goodman GMVC96 Gas Furnace you could expect to pay $2,900 in installation costs. To get exact local costs, connect with one of our natural gas furnace installers today.
Goodman Furnace Price by Model
|Furnace Model||AFUE %||Unit Only||Installation Cost|
Goodman HVAC Warranty
As long as you follow the directions and register for your Goodman HVAC warranty within 60 days of the installation you’ll get a competitive warranty for your HVAC unit. Depending on the AC unit you buy, most of them come with:
- 10 Year Unit Replacement Limited Warranty
- 10 Year Parts Limited Warranty
- Lifetime Compressor Limited Warranty (while you own your home)
Goodman vs. Other Brands
Though Goodman does not offer premium HVAC units like it’s competitors such as Lennox, American Standard, Trane, or Carrier. Goodman is a great brand if you are needing a reliable HVAC system on a budget with a decent energy efficiency. Compare the costs of the top brands below for the average costs to install a new central AC unit.
|Air Conditioner Brands:||Average Unit Cost:||SEER Rating:|
We’ve also compiled a list of the other best central AC Brands & Units here:
- AAON Air Conditioners
- Airedale Air Conditioners
- Amana Air Conditioners
- American Standard Air Conditioners
- Bryant Air Conditioners
- Carrier Air Conditioners
- Daikin Air Conditioners
- LG Air Conditioners
- Lennox Air Conditioners
- Mitsubishi Air Conditioners
- Panasonic Air Conditioners
- Rheem Air Conditioners
- Ruud Air Conditioners
- Sanyo Air Conditioners
- Trane Air Conditioners
- Toshiba Air Conditioners
- York Air Conditioners