85.9% Avg. ROI
|Heat Rain Snow Fire $1.2–$5 per sq ft|
|Heat Rain Snow Fire $1.2 – $5 per sq ft|
Corrugated Metal Roof Prices
|The average roofing installation price for a corrugated metal roof costs anywhere between $10,500 to $19,500 depending on the slope, pitch, and size of your roof. You can expect to pay $3.50 to $6.50 per sq. foot or $350 to $650 per square installed on a standard sized single story home. Costs will vary depending on local roof contractor’s pricing. View your potential roof installation savings with local contractors below.|
Corrugated Metal Roofing Contractors
It’s always smart to get price quotes from at least four local pre screened and licensed corrugated metal roof panel installers before starting your roof replacement project in order to get the best price in your area on your corrugated metal roofing installation.
Corrugated Metal Roof Benefits
- Corrugated Metal Roofing Life Expectancy: 15 to 30 years.
- 85.9% average return on investment for your home.
- Can potentially lower home insurance rates.
- Energy Efficient.
- Fire Resistant.
- Very Durable.
While the initial material and installation cost of a corrugated roof is higher than asphalt shingles or other standard roofing material, the longevity is far superior–lasting two to three times longer than a typical non-metal roof. Across the country, homeowners who invest in corrugated metal roofing get an average ROI of 85.9%. Corrugated metal roofing can also lower your insurance rates because of its fire resistance, especially in states like Texas and California that are vulnerable to wildfires.
Corrugated Metal Roofing Panels
Corrugated metal roofing installation is gaining popularity in residential buildings because of its low cost, durability, and unique look. Simple laying procedures make corrugated roofing a quick and easy do-it-yourself project, too.
Corrugated metal roofing structures are more rigid than flat roofing structures, providing more dimensional stability and structural integrity. For instance, corrugated roofing can make a lightweight metal like aluminum sturdy enough to withstand the elements. Corrugated metal roofing is most commonly available in aluminum, stainless steel roofing, and copper shingle roofs. These three metals differ in appearance, cost, and durability.
- Corrugated aluminum metal roofing is your best bet in terms of value and quality. Aluminum roofing is durable, rust resistant without the need for additional coating, and can be painted to meet your design needs.
- Corrugated steel metal roofing sheets come with a built-in, natural gray finish. Though some homeowners like the industrial look, changing the color of the sheets with paint can be challenging. Corrugated steel roofing is more expensive than aluminum roofing.
- Corrugated copper roofing is easy to install and naturally resistant to rust. In fact, it will patina naturally over time. It is the most expensive type of corrugated roofing.
Resistant to cracking, shrinking and eroding, corrugated roofing systems can withstand extreme weather conditions including heavy snow, hail, and wildfires.
Corrugated Metal Roof Maintenance & Cleaning
Most corrugated products are made from galvanized steel. Galvanization is the process of applying a thin layer of zinc on the surface of the corrugated metal to protect it from rust (oxidization) and corrosion. At some point, long term exposure to the elements will deteriorate the protective finish and you’ll need to re coat your metal roof. A simple polymer re-coating will restore your corrugated metal roof to like-new conditions. To wash, use simple soap and water–a hose or a pressure washer can be used, but avoid abrasive tools like wire brushes or steel wool that can scratch your roof.
Here are some other helpful pages to prepare you for your roofing repair or replacement project.
Replacement Roof Information
Roof Installation Process
Roofing Repair Information