Home Depot Replacement Windows & Installation Process
As the largest home improvement distributor in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, Home Depot offers a large selection of replacement windows for new construction and home installation projects. Home Depot work with the best window brands available. You can choose from wood, vinyl, or storm protection windows. Here’s how it works:
- Starts with a free in-home window installation consultation.
- Replacement windows are chosen for your specific home renovation needs.
- Windows are delivered to your home.
- Professional Home Depot window installer will remove old windows.
- New replacement windows are installed.
- Final inspection and project completion.
Each Home Depot window installation begins with a free in-home visit, when an expert window installer will run through an inspection and thorough measurements. Next, they’ll help you find the perfect style and brand of window for your home based on your budget and style, as well as your operational and efficiency needs.
Next, the windows you have chosen are delivered to your home. The expertly trained window installers will remove the old windows from your home, replacing them with the new windows. Finally, they’ll clean any debris from your space—ensuring they leave your home as clean as it was when they arrived—and perform a final inspection to be sure each new window has been perfectly installed. If you are wanting to get a cost estimate for new windows, we suggest using our cost calculator before replacing home windows.
Home Depot Window Brands Available
Although Home Depot offers over thirty windows brands in their retail stores, they have chosen four select brands to use in the home installation service:
- VantagePointe by Simonton Windows
- Andersen Windows
- American Craftsman Windows
- JELD-WEN Windows
Each of these brands were chosen to be sold at Home Depot based on their exceptional quality vinyl, wood, or storm protection materials. Here’s a brief guide to help you learn about the top window brands available through the Home Depot window installation service. It is also possible to purchase your home windows from Home Depot and then contact a local home window installer to help you get them put in correctly.
VantagePointe by Simonton Windows
Simonton Windows —one of the most trusted replacement window manufacturers in the US—have created a line of windows exclusively for Home Depot customers:
- 6500 Series- These vinyl windows are designed to look like wood.For ease of use, both sashes are operational and can be locked into the open position. Both window sashes can be tilted into the home for cleaning. Known for their durability and weather resistance, these windows can be relied on to last for years after installation. The 6500 Series windows are priced a bit higher, but with a quality guaranteed to match the price.
- 6100 Series- The windows in this series are popular among homeowners looking for an affordable replacement window for their home. The streamlined design of these windows includes a large pane of glass with a maximum view of the outdoors. In addition to their affordability, these windows are energy efficient and have interlocking rails, which provide an improved resistance to weather and air leaks.
Andersen Windows and Doors is the largest manufacturer of doors and windows in North America. Together with Home Depot, they have created a line of affordable and high-quality replacement windows which are exclusive to the Home Depot window installation program. Each of the Andersen windows available through Home Depot meet the ENERGY STAR performance requirement in every state.
- A-Series- With the help of leading window architects, Andersen created the windows in this series to be customizable to fit the architectural style of your home. Choose from 11 exteriors, which are low-maintenance and won’t require paint touchups. The six available interior wood species can be factory stained or painted to fit the look of your home. Additionally, these windows can be further customized with decorative exterior trim, grilles, and hardware. Engineered to meet the energy efficiency needs of any climate, these windows are incredibly resistant to weather and are guaranteed to protect your home from the outdoor environment.
- 400 Series- The 400 series windows are Andersen’s best selling windows because of their wide variety of design and color options and durable craftsmanship. Andersen uses their signature Perma-Shield® exteriors, which are available in seven different colors and never need repainting. Choose from natural pine or prefinished white interiors, as well as various designs and added accessories when you purchase from Home Depot. As with all Andersen Windows, these are energy efficient, as they meet the ENERGY STAR requirements in every state.
- 200 Series- The 200 series windows are known for their affordability and are available in the most popular standard window sizes and design options. The exteriors of these windows will never need to be painted since they’re made from Andersen’s uniquely durable Perma-Shield® vinyl. Homeowners can expect the save on utility bills after installation because of the exceptional energy efficiency of the windows in this line.
- 100 Series- The most affordable of the Andersen line for Home Depot, the 100 series windows are made of Andersen’s uniquely formulated Fibrex® composite fiberglass replacement window frames, which is twice as strong as vinyl and never needs painting. Choose from six different exterior colors, which are guaranteed to outlast extreme weather conditions. Each frame is made with 40 percent of reclaimed wood fiber and has a matte finish and cleanly welded corner seams.
American Craftsman Windows
Owned by Andersen Windows, American Craftsman has been making high-quality windows for over 60 years. Together with Home Depot, they have created a line of windows which are thoroughly tested and certified to perform reliably. All of the windows by American Craftsman are some of the most energy efficient windows available and made with durable vinyl which require little to no maintenance.
- 70 Series- The windows in this series have a uniquely designed frame, created to provide the home with an added curb appeal. Using fusion-welding for the vinyl window frame and sash, these windows are known for their weather resistance. American Craftsman has created an innovative balance system which make the windows in this series easy to open. Each window is custom sized to fit perfectly as a replacement window.
- 50 Series- The windows in this series were specifically designed to be an easy replacement for worn or damaged windows. Manufactured with a durable and low-maintenance vinyl, these windows will never need painting. Because of the use of dual weatherstripping and high-quality glass, these windows are weather resistant and energy efficient.
With over 60 years in the window industry, JELD-WEN Windows has worked with Home Depot to create a reliable line of wood, vinyl, and aluminum windows. Their company finds pride in providing a large selection of customizable windows to homeowners.
- JELD-WEN Wood Windows- Designed to bring a classic look to any home and were engineered to be energy efficient and long-lasting. With as a many as 21 color exterior color choices, 10 interior choices, and an impressive variety of shapes and sizes, homeowners are sure to find the right wooden window installation option to replace a worn or damaged window in their home.
- JELD-WEN Vinyl Windows- Each window is this series was designed for practical use and cleaning with the guarantee of durability and the need for little to no maintenance over the life of the window. Homeowners can select from nine exterior colors, three interior laminate colors, as well as various shapes, operational designs, and sizes, making them the perfect option for both replacement and new construction projects.
- JELD-WEN Aluminum Windows – JELD-WEN’s new replacement aluminum windows perform well in moderate climates and their affordability has made them a customer favorite. Each window has been engineered to be secure and airtight. Homeowners can choose from ten frame colors and the addition of energy efficient, insulation glass to increase the efficiency of their windows.
Home Depot Window Installation Warranty
Since Home Depot has chosen window brands they trust for their durable, energy efficient, and low-maintenance products, they back these windows with extended warranties.
For hardware and screen, Home Depot provides up to double the Lifetime Warranty. If damage occurs to the hardware or screen as the result of product defect or a mistake made during installation while you still own the home, Home Depot will cover the replacement of the product. This makes it a great option to look into when you’re looking to replace windows.
Select products are available for a Lifetime Craftsmanship Warranty which is a transferable warranty on the installation of the windows for up to 25 years. Customers may have the option to extend their warranty to cover accidental breakage of their glass. Because Home Depot offers a wide selection of windows brands, they work hand-in-hand with manufacturers to create warranties their customers can trust. Warranties vary from product to product and exclusions may apply, so carefully examine the warranty of a product before purchasing.
Home Depot Window Financing
Home Depot understands the cost of replacing windows can be expensive and sometimes unexpected. Because of this, they offer all of their customers the option of financing your window installation with a Home Depot credit card. For customers who do not already have a credit card through their store, Home Depot provides no interest on any purchases over $5000 if the balance is paid in full within 12 months.
Home Depot does not currently offer any rebates on windows purchases as part of an installation package. Throughout the year, Home Depot will spotlight specific installation services from doors to toilets to windows. We suggest closely watching the offers section of their website for window installation specials if you are anticipating a window replacement in the near future. In general, August is believed the be the best time to purchase new windows. Because families are distracted by the changing season and preparing their children to return to school, businesses often notice their sale drop during this time of year. To counteract this, they offer deeper discounts on windows during the month of August.