About Harvey Windows & Building Products
Founded in 1961 in Waltham, MA, Harvey Building Products is a manufacturing company producing windows, doors, and porch enclosures. As one of a few manufacturers in the U.S. who designs all of their own window products, Harvey has complete control over the quality of their products from start to finish. Their company is a wholesale distributor, which means they do not sell to individual retail consumers. Instead, Harvey works with contractors and builders to provide them with a full line of building products. If you are interested in Harvey windows for your home, you can contact their customer service line to be referred to a contractor in your area.
Types of Windows Manufactured by Harvey Windows & Building Products
As the top manufacturer of insulated windows in the Northeast, Harvey Building Products manufactures a wide variety of windows, each custom-sized to fit the specific needs of your project. Here’s a brief guide highlighting each of the specific windows available through Harvey Building Products.
Double Hung Harvey Windows
- Design: This window is considered a class in the window industry. Harvey’s double hung windows have two operational sashes, with the bottom sash sliding upward and the top sash sliding downward to open, which creates exceptional ventilation for a room. Special feature: both sashes of this window can be tilted inward to allow for easy cleaning of outdoor glass.
- Available collections: Harvey’s double hung windows are available in the Classic Vinyl, Majesty Wood, Tribute, Acoustic, Slimline, Vigilance, and Storm collections.
Single Hung from Harvey Windows
- Classic design: Similarly to a double hung window, this window has two sashes hung vertically. In this design, however, only the bottom sash operates by sliding from the bottom upwards. Harvey’s single hung windows are available in the Classic Vinyl collection.
Casement Windows from Harvey Windows
- Increased ventilation: Harvey’s casement windows open easily with a latch. These windows have hinges on one side and open outward on the opposite side, allowing for maximum ventilation.
- Available collections: The casement windows by Harvey are available in the Classic Vinyl, Majesty Wood, and Vigilance collections.
Awning Windows from Harvey Windows
- Classic design: Much like a casement window, awning windows have a single sash. These windows have a hinge along the top and open outwards to allow air into the room. Because these windows have a single sash, they allow plenty of natural light into a room.
- Available collections: Harvey’s awning windows are available in the vinyl, Majesty Wood, and Vigilance collections.
Hopper Windows from Harvey Windows
- Designed for ventilation: A hopper window is a single sash window with a hinge along the bottom. These windows open from the top, outwards, allowing air to flow into the room.
- Available collections: Harvey’s hopper windows are available in the Classic Vinyl collection and are only available in almond or white.
Rolling Windows from Harvey Windows
- Designed for convenience: Two sashes are placed side-by-side to create rolling windows. Typically, each sash can slide vertically to open the window. Since the rolling windows manufactured by Harvey are set on brass rollers, they are easy to open.
- Available collections: Harvey’s rolling windows are available in the Classic Vinyl, Acoustic, and Storm Collections.
Picture Windows from Harvey
- Designed for view: This window is stationary and has a single pane of glass. Picture windows provide an unobstructed view and bring plenty of natural light into any room.
- Available collections: The picture windows by Harvey are available in the Classic Vinyl, Majesty Wood, Acoustic, Vigilance, and Storm collections.
Bay & Bow Windows from Harvey
- Outward design: A traditional bay window has three joined windows of varying sizes placed at either 30 or 45 degrees angles, extruding into the outdoor environment. Typically, the center window is an inoperable picture window and the two on either side are opening casement windows. A bow window, however, has three or more operational, joined windows of equal size which curve gently outward into the environment.
- Available collections: The bay and bow windows at Harvey are available in the Classic Vinyl and Majesty Wood collections.
Garden Windows from Harvey
- Designed for sunlight: This window extends out into the environment completely, surrounded by glass. Many garden windows have an interior shelf, allowing for plants and flowers to receive plenty of natural light.
- Available collections: Harvey’s garden windows are available in the Classic Vinyl collection.
Designer Shapes Windows from Harvey
Harvey’s Building Products has created a line of windows which allow you to bring your own personal style to the windows of your home. The designer shapes windows are available in octagons, triangles, round tops, and full circles and Harvey’s offers countless ways for homeowners to customize their windows. The designer shapes windows by Harvey are available in the Classic Vinyl and Majesty Wood collections.
About Harvey’s Window Collections
The designers and engineers at Harvey Building Products understand how important options and customization are when you are building a home or replacing a pre-existing window. Because of this, they have created seven unique collections each featuring characteristics meant to meet the specific needs of contractors and homeowners. Continue reading to learn more about the collections Harvey’s Building Products has to offer.
The Classic Vinyl Collection
- Classically designed
- Energy efficient—each window in this series meets ENERGY STAR® requirements.
- Option to upgrade to a high-performance glazing, which increases weather resistance and energy efficiency.
- Windows in the Classic Vinyl collection can be customized with the choice from five BetterGrain® interior finishes which mimic the look of wood. Additionally, there are 28 exterior color and finish options to choose from.
The Tribute Vinyl Collection
This collection is an upgraded variation on the classic vinyl collection with added ENERGY STAR® glazing and Harvey’s signature High Performance, triple glazing package.
The Majesty Wood Collection
- Created for homeowners and contractors who prefer the look of natural wood.
- Windows in the Majesty Wood Collection have a wood interior and an aluminum clad exterior.
- Designed to meet ENERGY STAR® requirements in any state, these windows have double low-E argon glazing.
- Homeowners can choose from a natural pine or white interior and from five available exterior color options.
The Slimline Collection
- Designed with the functionality of the Classic Vinyl Collection, but with a slimmer and sleeker frame.
- The unique design of each window in this collection allows for more glass, which provides an open view of the outdoors and pulls more natural light into a room.
- The windows in this collection meet all ENERGY STAR® requirements and are available with additional efficiency enhancing upgrades. This window is available in white for both the interior and the exterior frames.
The Acoustic Collection
- Constructed with the functional design and the energy efficiency of the Classic Vinyl Collection, the Acoustic Collection also has added noise resistant features.
- The signature premium secondary glazing enables this window to reduce noise and makes it an exceptionally energy efficient window.
- Available in bronze, almond, or white for both the interior and exterior frames.
The Vigilance Collection
- Impact-resistant and built to meet the requirements of strict coastal building codes, these windows can withstand wind, rain, and wind-borne debris.
- Suitable for both new construction and as replacement windows
- Available in 28 interior and exterior frame finishes
The Storm Window Collection
- Constructed for use as reinforcement for existing windows
- Mounted on the exterior of the existing windows, which provides extra durability, energy efficiency, and weather resistance.
- The heavy extruded master frame of this window can be customized with a choice from four different interior and exterior options.
About Harvey’s Window Warranties
Harvey’s vinyl windows: Available with a transferrable, limited lifetime warranty. The hardware, screening, mechanical, and vinyl parts are covered as long as the original purchaser owns and lives in the home. If damage occurs as the result of defect or error during installation, Harvey will provide a replacement or repair at no cost to the owner. The glass of these windows is covered for twenty years, and Harvey will provide a replacement or repair if damage occurs due to defect or workmanship. This warranty is transferrable. If the home is sold, the warranty can be transferred one time and will remain in effect until 20 years after the purchase date.
Harvey’s Acoustic and Aluminum Collection windows: Covered under a ten-year limited warranty. If damage occurs to any component of these windows as the result of manufacturing defect or an error made during installation, Harvey will replace or repair the window at no cost to the owner.
Harvey’s Majesty Wood Collection: covered by a 20-year limited warranty. The glass of these windows is covered 100 percent, which reduces to 50% at year ten, and at 25% at year fifteen. All other components of the window are covered for ten years after purchase. If damage occurs outside of normal wear and tear and is the result of manufacturing defect or error during installation, Harvey will replace or repair the window at no cost to the owner.
Since all warranties are different from product to product, we advise contractors and homeowners to carefully examine the warranty of a product before purchase.