Lowes Windows Replacement and Installation
Lowes carries the best window brands available that are known for their high energy efficiency ratings, exceptional durability, and quality materials. When choosing windows from Lowe’s, you’ll have the option of wooden window frames, wood-clad, vinyl window frames, and aluminum window frames, as well as low-E, tinted, or safety glass.
Lowes Window Installation Cost
Replacing the windows in your home can be a costly endeavor, with the average homeowner spending between $2,500 and $7,500 to replace all of the windows in their home.
Lowe’s windows department runs regular sales on their windows, which applies to the windows only. In general, August is considered to be the best time to purchase home improvement products. While families are distracted preparing their children for schools, they are not spending as much time on their homes. To aid with this drop in revenue, home improvement stores will regularly offer their higher end products at a deep discount to attract shoppers during this time.
Year round, Lowe’s offers 6 months interest-free to brand new credit card holders. When a Lowe’s customer spends at least $299 on their first credit card purchase, they can choose from a 5% discount—interest free!—for 6 months if the card is paid in full at the end of the 6-month introductory period.
The home window installation cost calculation begins when you fill out a simple contact form on Lowes.com, indicating which service you’re interested in. Next, a qualified Lowe’s employee—who has received specialized training and the appropriate licensure for their state—will contact you to learn more about your project and schedule an initial assessment. They’ll guide you through the best choices for your specific needs. Once you’ve purchased your windows and installation, your appointment for installation will be immediately scheduled. When windows and installation are purchased, a home installation will be scheduled right away.
Lowes Window Brands Available:
- REDI2SET Windows
Replacement Windows Lowes Offer:
Lowe’s has chosen to offer installation services for any of the windows available for purchase in their retail stores. From high-end, customizable windows to more cost-effective, energy efficient options, Lowe’s has a window to fit any need. Builders and homeowners can choose from a variety of window styles, colors, shapes, and features. Choosing the right window for your home depends heavily on your budget, location-specific climate needs, your home’s design and architectural characteristics, and the operational functions of each window.
Here’s a brief guide highlighting each of the specific replacement windows offered by Lowe’s with window installation.
Lowes Double Hung Windows
- Practical design: These windows have two operational sashes, with one sliding upwards from the bottom and another sliding downwards from the top to open,
- allowing ventilation into the home. Many brands added the function of sashes which tilt into the home for easy cleaning.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, double hung windows are available in JELD-WEN windows , Pella Windowsf, ReliaBilt Windows, and ThermaStar by Pella brand windows.
Lowes Single Hung Windows
- Classic design: Similarly to double hung windows, single hung windows have two window sashes. However, in this specific design, only the bottom sash slides upward to open.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, single hung windows are available in Hy-Lite, JELD-WEN, Project Source, ReliaBilt, and ThermaStar by Pella brands.
Lowes Sliding Windows
- Classic design: These windows have two sashes hung side-by-side. Depending on the brand and design of a window, both sashes or a single sash may be operational, sliding from one side to the other for ventilation. These windows slide easily on horizontal tracks and only one sash can be opened at a time.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, sliding windows are available in the Hy-Lite, JELD-WEN, Project Source, ReliaBilt, and ThermaStar by Pella brands.
Lowes Casement Windows
- Designed for ventilation: A casement window is a single sash window with a hinge on one side. Operated with the use of a crank, these windows may open inwards or outwards, depending on the brand and buyer preference. These windows offer unobstructed natural light and allow for excellent ventilation of a room.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, casement windows are available in the Hy-Lite and JELD-WEN brands.
Awning Windows from Lowes
- Increased width of design: These windows are typically wider than they are tall with a hinge at the top of the window. Similarly to casement windows, these windows are operated with the use of a crank, opening outwards at the bottom of the window.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, awning windows are available in the JELD-WEN brand.
Lowes Picture Windows & Accent Windows
- Unique & varied designs: These windows vary in style and function. Some may be inoperable and stationary, while others may be fully operational. Homeowners can choose from a wide variety of shapes and functions from an octagon window to a single rectangle sash. Bay windows project out into the environment using three typically stationary windows of varying sizes. Bow windows are created from three or more windows of equal sizes, which may or may not operate, and they create a gentle curve outward into the environment.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, accent and picture windows are available in the AWSCO, Hy-Lite, JELD-WEN, and Wellcraft brands.
Glass Block Basement Windows from Lowes
- Inoperable yet decorative: These windows are created from multiple
small glass block window panes. These windows are decorative in nature and their textured or frosted characteristic allows light into the home while still providing privacy for residents.
- Extra benefits: The exceptional energy efficiency and added security have made glass block windows a popular choice for many homeowners.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, glass blocks are available in the CrystaLok, Hy-Lite, Pittsburgh, and REDI2SET brands.
Skylight Windows from Lowes
- Stationary yet decorative: Since they’re inoperable, they can typically be added to any roof no matter the structural characteristics of the home.
- Designed for improved sunlight: These small and stationary windows are placed within ceilings to bring extra natural light into the home.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, skylights are available in the FAKRO, Sun-Tech, U.S. Sunlight, and Velux brands.
Storm Windows from Lowes
- Energy-efficient and secure: Storm windows are mounted to your existing windows on the outside of your home. Because these windows add an additional layer of glass between the outdoors and your home, they are very energy efficient and prevent air flow from seeping into your home.
- Available brands: At Lowe’s, storm windows are available in the Comfort Bilt and Larson brands.
Choosing the Right Frame Material for Your Lowe’s Windows
Typically, homeowners or builders select their window material based on their aesthetic, durability, and energy efficiency preferences. At Lowe’s, homeowners can choose from window frames constructed from wood, clad-wood, aluminum, or vinyl.
– Lowes Wood Windows
Wood windows are popular at Lowe’s because of their aesthetic appeal and the fact that they can be purchased unfinished, primed, or painted in a small selection of standard colors.
– Lowes Clad-Wood Windows
Clad-Wood windows give you the aesthetic appeal of wood for the interior of the window with a more durable, weather resistant exterior such as vinyl or aluminum. Typically, vinyl windows are colored throughout making them very durable and virtually maintenance free. Aluminum is more susceptible to scratching but is easily painted and available at Lowe’s in a wide variety of colors.
– Lowes Aluminum Windows
Aluminum is a cost-effective material for constructed window frames and they are lighter and more durable than wood. At Lowe’s, the aluminum windows are insulated with an extruded vinyl break, and in some cases, foam is used for additional insulation.
– Lowes Vinyl Windows
These windows are popular for their durability and energy efficiency. Vinyl window frames are constructed from PVC built with chambers inside the vinyl, making them exceptionally weather and condensation resistant. Typically, vinyl windows are durable and long-lasting. However, when it comes to vinyl, you get what you pay for, and inexpensive vinyl is known for air leakage and operational difficulties.
Choosing the Right Glass for Your Lowes Replacement Windows
At Lowe’s, homeowners typically choose from three types of glass—low-E glass, tinted glass, or safety glass.
– Low-Emissive (Low-E) Glass Windows
This glass has a special film applied to the windows which allows for natural sunlight to enter the home but blocks some solar rays from entering the home. In the winter, Low-E glass prevents the radiant heat inside of your home from leaving and during the summer, it keeps your home cooler by preventing the radiant heat outdoors from entering.
– Tinted Glass Windows
This glass is chosen for its added energy efficiency. Using a bronze or grey cast, the glass is tinted to reduce glare and prevent heat from the sun from entering your home.
– Safety Glass Windows
Using heat-treatment, safety glass is tempered which causes it to crumble when broken instead of shattering as most windows normally would. This glass is typically chosen in environments where there is an increased risk of broken glass.
Lowe’s Window Installation Warranty
Since the Lowe’s team will be installing a product which was manufactured by another provider, there will be two warranties to consider.
- First, each window brand typically has a unique warranty created for the item you are purchasing. Before purchasing any windows from Lowe’s, we suggest you contact Lowe’s about providing the manufacturer warranty on both the frame and glass.
- Second, Lowe’s provides a labor warranty for any products installed by the professionals on their team, which covers complete replacement of windows for up to two years if damage occurs as the result of a mistake made during installation. Since warranties are different for each product and some exclusions may apply, be sure to carefully read each warranty before making a purchase.
Here you can find a list of the best replacement window brands you may also be interested in that Lowe’s may offer:
- Andersen Windows
- Alside Windows
- Harvey Windows
- Loewen Windows
- Milgard Windows
- Pella Windows
- PGT Windows
- Ply Gem Windows
- Simonton Windows
- Silverline Windows
- Wallside Windows
- Window World Windows
Other Window Installation Retailers: