Brand Spotlight: Sierra Pacific Windows and Doors
Jump to content:
- What are some of the biggest changes you are seeing in the window industry?
- What’s the main thing you wished customers understood about the window industry?
- What are some common mistakes you see homeowners making when it comes to the window industry?
- What are the top five questions homeowners should ask when working with a company in the window industry?
- How is your company being innovative in the window industry?
- What sets your company apart from your competitors?
- What’s your biggest focus for 2017?
- What is your most popular product(s)? Why?
- Where are your products made?
- Do you offer any warranties? If so, please elaborate.
- Where can your products be purchased?
- In what ways is your company taking strides to be more environmentally friendly?
- What are the most eco-friendly products you offer? What makes them green?
- Thanks so much for speaking with us today!
What are some of the biggest changes you are seeing in the window industry?
We see the continued growth of homeowners who want greater access to the outdoors with large spans of glass, as well as larger windows and doors. There’s also a new trend toward mid-range products, as opposed the high-priced windows and doors, with an emphasis on greater efficiency.
What’s the main thing you wished customers understood about the window industry?
The more well-known and popular brands are not always the best quality, and they don’t necessarily offer the best value—they’ve just done a better job of marketing. Consumers should always research a brand before making a purchase. Also, don’t believe every personal review you read on the internet, because often these comments come from someone who had a single bad experience—or even from industry insiders posing as customers posting on blogs about their competitors.
What are some common mistakes you see homeowners making when it comes to the window industry?
The biggest mistake we see is when homeowners choose a window based on the popularity of the brand or because someone told them that was the best choice, rather than doing their homework and researching for themselves.
What are the top five questions homeowners should ask when working with a company in the window industry?
- How long have you been in business?
- Can you provide me with choices and options?
- Can you back your products?
- Do your products meet or exceed industry standards and are they independently certified?
- Can you provide products in a reasonable and timely manner, on time and complete?
How is your company being innovative in the window industry?
Sierra Pacific developed the first windows to effectively utilize three different materials—wood, vinyl, and aluminum. These windows come in plenty of styles, with custom sizing available, and all at an affordable price. They’re meant both for new construction, as well as replacement/remodeling, and they’ve received numerous awards in the industry. We also manufacture vinyl windows and doors for the mid-priced market and offer painted exteriors, which are painted in our own facilities.
We treat our wood products with a patented process called Coreguard Plus, which is an environmentally friendly wood treatment that protects the wood from rot, decay, and insects by penetrating deeper into the wood fibers. We are then able to provide industry-leading warranties on the wood used in our windows and doors.
What sets your company apart from your competitors?
Sierra Pacific is the only company in the wood window industry that is truly vertically integrated. We own nearly 2 million acres of pine forest in California and Washington, so we grow the trees that make our windows and doors, and we control the entire process from start to finish. Sierra Pacific also owns its own sawmills and millwork operations, and it’s a privately held, family-owned company.
We distribute windows and doors coast to coast and in more than a dozen countries, and we sell through our own showrooms throughout the western US, as well as through professional dealers throughout the country. We do not distribute our windows and doors through any big box home centers.
We produce our own high-performance glass in our state-of-the-art Lisec vertical glazing line. We also powder coat our aluminum cladding components internally, using high-grade AAMA certified paint in 75 clad colors and textured finishes.
What’s your biggest focus for 2017?
An important focus for us this year is to include more innovative products such as our Architectural Wall Systems and our large door systems. We’re also working to achieve significant growth in our Transcend division of replacement windows and doors by offering professional installers nationally. Finally, we look forward to adding to our growing national group of Architectural Consultants.
What is your most popular product(s)? Why?
We have several, actually.
- Our innovative mid-priced H3 clad/wood windows for new construction, remodeling, and replacement.
- Our high-performance line of clad wood casements, known as Aspen, which can be made in very large sizes, with the highest performing design available and an innovative locking system.
- Our Architectural Wall Systems, which allow expansive views while also providing structural framing in wood with aluminum cladding for both vertical and horizontal glazing.
- Our wide selection of door systems: bifolding, multi-slide, and lift-Slide functions, with spans up to 35 feet wide and 10 feet height, as well as corner units and windows that perform the same functions.
- Our innovative replacement products: sash replacement for double hung windows (both wood and clad, featuring concealed jambliner and balances, and built-in screen options), as well as our innovative H3 Insert and Pocket replacement units with a vinyl mainframe, aluminum clad exterior, and solid wood interiors.
Where are your products made?
We have manufacturing facilities in Red Bluff, CA and Medford, WI, as well as a vinyl window and door facility in Merrill, WI.
Do you offer any warranties? If so, please elaborate.
Our warranties cover insulating glass for up to 20 years, aluminum cladding and paint finishes for up to 30 years, our wood components up to 20 years against rot and decay, and hardware for 10 years.
Where can your products be purchased?
Sierra Pacific windows and doors are available throughout the country via authorized dealers, lumber companies, millwork specialists, and installing dealers. You can also find them through our own company stores and showrooms in 10 western US states, as well as Chicago. Dealers and company stores are listed on our website for locations.
In what ways is your company taking strides to be more environmentally friendly?
Sierra Pacific manages our forest lands with a full staff of forestry professionals. We practice sustainable forestry and manage the surrounding the growth of the forests. We provide an extensive 100-year plan to the state of California, demonstrating a responsible strategy for harvesting and planting. We plant more than 7 million trees per year, and we have our own greenhouses for planting seedlings, with the average age of a harvested tree at 60-70 years old. We are members of various environmental and regulatory organizations, including the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, FSC, and others.
We also own our own co-generation plants. These utilize wood waste in heating our plants and generating power to our facilities. They also serve the housing developments surrounding many of our communities in California, via selling power back to the state.
What are the most eco-friendly products you offer? What makes them green?
Most of our products are developed and manufactured for sustainability and long life. Our Coreguard Plus wood treatment is environmentally friendly and low-VOC. Our paint finishes are also low-VOC powder coating, with little to no waste.
Thanks so much for speaking with us today!
This guest post was featured by Sierra Pacific Windows and Doors.