Brand Spotlight: Frontpoint
Jump to content:
- What are some of the biggest changes you are seeing in the home tech industry?
- What’s the main thing you wished customers understood about the home tech industry?
- What sets your company apart from your competitors?
- What is your most popular product?
- Do you offer any warranties?
- In what ways is your company taking strides to be more environmentally friendly?
What are some of the biggest changes you are seeing in the home tech industry?
Recently, the industry has taken a turn toward smart homes and home automation solutions. Not only are customers interested in protecting their homes, but they want to control their door locks, lights, and thermostats, too. We constantly evaluate new products to add to our product line so that the convenience of a connected home also enhances the peace of mind provided to our customers.
In addition, advancements in technology have allowed products to become easier to set up and use. As a result, we have noticed a shift from the traditional professional installation model to an easier self-setup model.
What’s the main thing you wished customers understood about the home tech industry?
A professionally monitored system is a safer solution than a monitor-it-yourself (MIY) system. There are a number of problems with MIY, but I’ll focus on 3 of the important issues:
- MIY alarm systems rely on the Internet. Once you do even a little research on MIY alarm systems, you’ll find they all have one thing in common: they don’t use a safer cellular link when there is an alarm event, but instead rely on a vulnerable Internet connection. Not only can that connection be easily severed, just like a phone line, it’s also much more likely to be out of service (even if only briefly) when you need it to work, compared to cellular communication.
- If your phone doesn’t get a signal, nothing happens. Let’s say you’re out of cell range. Or imagine you’re on a plane, or somewhere else where your phone isn’t receiving a signal. Or, what if your phone is off, or you’re asleep? In these and more scenarios, when you miss that signal from your home, you can’t take any action—and the police or fire department will never be notified of a critical situation.
- If your phone does get the signal, then what? For starters, you need to carry the number of your local police and fire departments around with you; dialing 911 won’t help much when you are out of town. Then comes the hard part: convincing the authorities that you are 100% confident that the event at your home is a “real” alarm event. And do you know the protocol for making that alarm dispatch call to your local police or fire department? If so, you’re one of the very few!
What sets your company apart from your competitors?
We’re all about service like it used to be. You used to be able to trust the service providers you worked with. Somewhere along the line that trust started to break down, so we’re doing our part to bring it back by providing world class customer service.
In addition to our service, we have a great product lineup as well. We offer everything from door and window sensors to light controls and cameras.
What is your most popular product?
While home tech like automatic door locks, lights, and thermostats are becoming ever more popular, our core home security products such as door/window sensors and motion detection sensors are still our most popular products. Having a core home security system as a base provides a great gateway into other connected home devices.
Do you offer any warranties?
Yes, all equipment sold by Frontpoint comes with a three-year warranty. If a sensor isn’t working properly, we’ll troubleshoot the equipment to ensure your system is working correctly. If it’s deemed necessary, we’ll replace the equipment free of charge. Our products can be purchased at our website or by calling 855-808-1479 and speaking with one of our home security consultants who will customize a system specific to your individual needs.
In what ways is your company taking strides to be more environmentally friendly?
Frontpoint is constantly looking at new devices to add to our product line. In 2017, we are planning to launch a couple of environmentally friendly products such as water leak detection solution and an energy management thermostat. These are smart, money-saving products that are also environmentally-friendly.
This guest post was provided by Frontpoint.